Excuses for not covering Benghazi–a helpful list for members of the Jurassic Media
In fact, they’re so busy they apparently can’t think up good excuses for not covering Benghazi. At least, I haven’t seen any reasons disclosed publicly. They just don’t seem to see, hear, or say anything about it.
To help them out, I thought I would come up with a nice, prefab list of excuses. If any members of the media are reading, please feel free to use these. I’m sure QandO readers will add even more in the comments:
- There’s really no need to go on site, because there’s video of the whole thing, shot from a drone. I’m sure we’ll see it very soon, probably about November 8. No, I’m not the least bit curious about why the Obama administration hasn’t released it yet. Why do you ask?
- I just can’t see publicizing the whole seven hour standoff thing. We have enough superhero movies already.
- Can’t get over there. SwissAir has no business class seats left.
- Can’t face increasing my carbon footprint with a trip that long.
- No Starbucks in Benghazi, and I hear the one in Tripoli is always out of pumpkin spice for lattes.
- All these ghost-shaped Halloween cookies I baked would go to waste if I couldn’t give them to trick-or-treaters.
- Sorry, I missed your question because I just came from a meeting with Obama. Let me wipe my mouth and then hear it again.
- Putting something that violent in front of the public is not to be done lightly. Hey, we’re consistent about that. We didn’t show the pictures of George Zimmerman’s beating either.
- Dead ambassador? Oh, yeah, I heard something about that. Something about a video that caused a riot. What a shame. But gosh, that was six weeks ago. Old news.
- I’m afraid of politicizing that story this close to an election. Yeah, I did report Romney’s premature comments on it, and asked him a dozen times if he regrets his remarks. So?
- Too busy writing my story about how Hurricane Sandy depressed Democratic voting in Philadelphia, so Obama losing Pennsylvania was an act of God. Certainly not a repudiation of Obama. Nope. No way.
Seriously, I thought the media could not be any more disgraceful in their slavish covering for Obama. More fool I.