Free Markets, Free People

Economic Statistics for 23 Dec 15

November durable goods orders were unchanged—which counts as good news now, I guess—while ex-transportation orders fell -0.1%, and core capital goods orders fell -0.4%. On a year-over year basis, Durables orders rose 1.2% overall, but ex-transportation orders fell -1.9% and core capital goods orders fell -1.8%.

Both personal income and spending rose 0.3% in November, while the PCE Price Index was unchanged overall, and up 0.1% at the core. On a year-over-year basis, the PCE Price index is up 0.4% overall, and 1.3% ex-food and -energy.

New home sales rose 4.3% in November to what is still a lower-than-expected annualized rate of 490,000.

The University of Michigan’s Consumer Sentiment Index rose 0.8 points to 92.6 in December.

The MBA reports that mortgage applications rose 7.3% last week, with purchases up 4.0% and refis up 11.0%.


Dale’s social media profiles:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on TumblrShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditPin on PinterestEmail this to someone