I believe that we have a replacement for MK-Ultra showing up in the comments section. It might even be MK-Ultra, since the commenter Dude09 seems similarly dense enough to have a noticeable gravitational field. Apparently, he was all upset that no one mentioned the wack-job who killed the abortion doctor in Kansas today, and we didn’t put it up on the board as a topic of conversation for the Podcast today.
Since it apparently seems that we have to occasionally re-explain the facts of life to morons, I will do so again.
1. We set up the Podcast topics on Friday. For the most part, if we didn’t discuss it on Friday, it doesn’t go on the air on Sunday. It’s not a daily news show. It’s a discussion about things that have caught our eye over the past week.
2. We will not always create a post on your pet news story. Why? Maybe we didn’t know enough about it. Maybe we haven’t heard the story yet. Maybe we’re busy. Or, maybe we just don’t care. For instance, let’s take a look at my day. When I got up today, I got dressed and went for breakfast, and then to the grocery store. Upon my return, I trimmed hedges and bougainvillea, sprayed Roundup on some weeds, and picked up dog crap in the back yard. Then, I went directly into my office to record the Podcast. Immediately after that, I worked for 1.5 hours on a client web site. I scarfed down a quick dinner, during which I first saw an actual news report on the shooting. I then worked until 9PM on another client web site. So, here’s a clue, maybe I didn’t blog on your pet story because I have a life, and responsibilities that preclude me from doing so. I mean, really, do you think we sit around all day cruising the internet and news sites to latch on to your pet story as soon as it appears. Cripes, most of the time, Bruce writes the stories you see on the blog on the night before they appear.
3. Sometimes, your pet story just isn’t compelling. Someone went unhinged and shot an abortionist. So what? I mean, it’s a terrible tragedy, but what does it tell us about…well…anything? What conclusions are we supposed to draw? It’s not like abortionists are getting bumped off on a regular basis. The last one of these that occured was 11 years ago, back in 1998. What lessons am I supposed to draw from the fact that some lunatic thinks God told him to kill an abortionist that are in any way substantively different than those I would derive when a crackpot kills his pharmacist because the Venusians sent him a command to do so via the transmitter secreted in his skull?
4. I really hate peer pressure. Even if I was inclined to write about a story at some point, having you kite in here and call me an ass because I haven’t done it yet is a sure-fire way to get me to ignore the story completely. I’ll ignore it just to spite you.
5. I don’t care what you want to hear about. I didn’t open up a request line when I started blogging. I did to write about things that interest me, and beleive me, the abortion issue is way down near the bottom of the list of things that interest me. If you send me a story, and it interests me, and if I have time, I might write about it. Or not.
I hope that clears things up.